The Torpedo Factory Artists’ Association (TFAA) seeks an experienced and dynamic professional to serve as the Marketing and Administrative Manager.
This position provides for the management and execution of all marketing and communications channels and initiatives, including the website, public relations, and social media platforms.
The Marketing and Administrative Manager works to support artist committees and the TFAA Board of Directors. In addition, the position encourages active communication between the City of Alexandria Office of the Arts, the Art League, and other organizations and departments as needed. This position reports to the TFAA Board of Directors, with direct supervision under the Board President.
Marketing & Website Management:
- Manage TFAA website, torpedofactoryartists.com: updating content, developing new online engagement strategies for programs, events, and initiatives.
- Oversee Google Analytics: analyzing data, tracking trends, pulling reports, and synthesizing findings to inform future marketing strategies and campaigns.
- Support TFAA committees with graphic design and marketing strategy.
Communications & Media Relations:
- Act as the TFAA’s primary press and media contact.
- Develop communications plans and tactics including press releases, media kits, talking points, testimonies, social media content and multimedia content for programs, events, and initiatives.
- Update and maintain organizational communications style guide.
- Develop, manage, and maintain relationships with local press/media outlets as well as blogs/online publications.
- Ensure accurate and timely community and media coverage of events, initiatives, and programs.
- Generate photo and video documentation of TFAA activities, events, and programs.
- Work with the Board, Committees and artists to promote TFAA initiatives and programs, as well as artist member activities.
E-mail & Social Media Management:
- Manage TFAA’s internal and external e-newsletters, developing content strategies, sourcing newsletter content, and implementing the visual layout and design in MailChimp.
- Manage and develop content for all TFAA social media platforms, blogs, and websites.
- Set-up and clean-up galleries, studios, and event spaces
- Coordinate catering, A/V equipment, and other event supplies as needed
- Provide on-site support at various TFAA events including gallery openings, receptions
- Maintain TFAA membership records, including sublease documents
- Update and edit the organizational calendar
- Prepare monthly expenses and payments for Bookkeeper
- Oversee and execute Associate member billing and dues
- Secure contracts, permits, and payments for organizational needs
- Respond to organizational communications, including email, mail, and phone
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to generate creative ideas, work independently and within a team, and maintain enthusiasm and positive morale.
- Excellent planning, organizational, and problem-solving skills.
- Comfortable with formal written and oral communication, including editing and proofreading. Familiarity with AP Style a plus.
- Experience with arts marketing and social media advertising.
- Demonstrated success in managing multiple projects along competing timelines.
- Must be an experienced team member who is friendly, polished, adaptable, and mission driven.
The ideal candidate will be proficient in the following or similar platforms and software:
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Adobe Creative Suite: Acrobat, Photoshop, InDesign
- MailChimp, Twitter, Facebook, Eventbrite, and Google Analytics
Required Experience: 2-4 years professional experience or an equivalent combination of education and other experience in arts management, marketing, public relations, and/or communications.
Salary and Benefits: This position is part-time, expected to be 20 – 25 hours weekly. Pay will range from $18 – $20 per hour, based on experience.
The position has been filled